The central well equipped library of Janata College is an indispensable / integral part of the college�s mission of achieving excellence in Higher Education and Research. At present The Library is rendering services with more than 18,000 covering a wide range of subjects viz. collection of books on humanities,and social science. Apart from textbooks and reference books, the Library subscribes to a good number of periodicals and journals � popular magazines and daily newspapers for the easy access of the students and faculties. Besides the Central Library the individual Depts. have well-stocked libraries for help of students and teachers.
1. The Library remains open on all working days during office hours.
2. The library can be accessed only by regular and bonafide students, faculty members, non-teaching staff and any other person accorded permission by the Principal / Librarian.
3. Books are issued to the bonafide students only on production of valid library Identity card.
4. Some rare reference books are not issued to the students and the faculty. These are to be used only in the Reading room.
5. Students found guilty of mutilating or damaging books are liable to disciplinary action.
6. Misplacement of books, journals, monographs is an offence.
7. Users cannot make unnecessary pencil marks, underline or write on the pages of the books.
8. Use of mobile phone is strictly prohibited inside the library.
9. Books are returnable / must be returned within 15 days from the date of issue and Re.1 Per day is charged thereafter.
10. It is mandatory to keep all the belongings in the shelf before entering the library.
11. Complaints, suggestions, if any may be submitted in black and white to the Principal / Librarian.
One important service of our college library is the Book Bank facility. This facility shall be restricted to poor but meritorious students of the college. Only two books at a time shall be issued to a student for one year only. Borrower shall be responsible for any loss/damage of books and have to replace such books by new ones.
The Library has been also providing its readers the National and Local Dailies. However, online facilities are also available to read them.
H.S. Class : 2 Nos.
Degree (General) Class: 2 Nos.
Degree (Major) Class :3 Nos.
Post Graduate Class : 4 Nos